Saturday, January 29, 2011

Equinox - a very remarkable beer

After I received some disappointed feedbacks from some folks regarding my post on Deus, I had to do a better job next time. This of course would depend on the beer as well.
There were still two bottles in the fridge, one of them Equinox from the Brasserie de la Senne near Brussels. The logo interested me and the design was good enough for chosing this one for a Friday evening, while watching the newest "Silent Witness" episode.
IMG_1345.jpg
And the decision was more than the right one: This is a marvellous drop. While pouting it into my new Moeder Lambic glass, a dark black fluid comes out of the bottle, like a stout.
The bouquet remebered me of some herbal honey, mostly thyme honey. When it is in your mouth, a mix of roasted cocoa with a fresh melted caramel flavour welcomes you and while going down, a distinct taste of yeast and hops is saying farewell.
With 8%, the alcohol is typical for a Belgian beer. I definitely have to visit the brewery one day, because I am quite sure, the other beers from that place are also fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment