Saturday, January 15, 2011

Meister Festbier

Ok, I shift now my beer tests to the blog, especially to give some more insight, though I don't try to compete with Andrew's
Beer blog, focusing mainly on the huge Belgian variety of beers.

My today's choice, again bought at probably one of the finest beer groceries in the Rhineland, was a Festbier by the small brewery Meister from Unterzaunsbach in Bavaria.











Though the label looks like it would be a drink for CSD, I assume that the Bavarian guys from the Oberpfalz, who are more or less "conservative", didn't guess possible consequences when labeling in pink.

The Festbier, brewed in autumn for special occasions, is one of the best I've tried. It is a dark one, with a discrete sweetness and overlaid by spicy fruitness. Other Festbiers have sometimes a quite intense caramel flavour, this one definitely not. In addition, it is not carbonated too much, so I did not miss the fizzyness. The water for the brew comes from a brewery-owned fountain.

So, in total, a very remarkable Festbier.


—-- Written on iPad


Position:Röttgener Straße,Bonn,Deutschland

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. We tried one or two from Meister when we were in Bavaria two summers ago -- a Landbier, I think? Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And no review??? Now I have the proof that you dont drink for reviewing it only :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It had a mention in this long post: http://40beersat40.blogspot.com/2010/01/summer-beers-in-germany.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, seemed to have missed that .... :-)

    ReplyDelete